Compare and Contrast
What is Compare and Contrast Essay?
When you are perusing the higher study, there is a great significance to the compare and contrast essays to get good control over your lesson. When you are practising a specific subject at your university or college, you often need to write the essays to compare and contrast the different aspects of what you are studying; not just when you are taking the composition courses. In this type of essays, you will have to discuss the differences and the comparisons equally on the basis of two subjects. These are to identify exact contrast and comparison between both topics. Comparison essays are to record only the similarities or also both the dissimilarities and similarities. But the contrast essay mainly focuses on the differences.
Deep Insight to Understand the Essay
For instance, if you are pursuing a course of social study, your class must be working on a specific unit about the living area of the people, urban, rural and suburban. Your teacher will assign the topic to compare the life of the different city to the life on the farm. There will be some instructions for you that the essay should compare both, provide the contrasts and also the similarities in both types of living. It will prove that the writer or the student understand the exact differences between two diverse types of life and living.
These types of essays clarify something that is quite unknown and not properly understood. So, it is for leading to the fresh insight or discovering a completely new way with a new outlook. The compare and contrast essay brings both of the topics in a sharper focus to show that the one topic is better than the other but these two have some similar points to compare. Same points will converge there for both of the subjects but this is not always obligatory to give two subjects on a similar notch of augmentation.
Definition of Compare and Contrast Essays
These are the multi-paragraph writing composition that explains the right ways and how two topics are different and similar. Compare means describing the resemblances. If you are writing about the village life and city life, you need to consider at least one paragraph about the similarities between both and what common elements observable are there. Contrast means the differences between two subjects and how the city life is vastly different from the village life.
Compare and contrast essays can easily cover any topics and that may pop up in various areas of topics. In order to have their decision what to comprise or what not, a writer needs to keep in mind the relevance. Relevance can help them to understand the characteristics that are worth to compare and contrast. Every student or the writer requires a good thesis statement to decide the irrelevance or relevance. This will help the writer to keep the writing very much focused on few ideas based on the entire topic. For the compare and contrast essays, it is important to research deep to find the dissimilarities and similarities.
1. How Do You Write A Compare And Contrast Essay?
Most of the students’ dread of the two important words compare and contrast. The topic of the essay is a two for but basically, you need to write two essays in one. There are few pointers and tips thankfully for helping you to get your compare and contrast essay smoothly written and also finish off without having to pull the all-nighter. If you find writing compare contrast essay as challenging and unmanageable, you can choose to buy compare and contrast essay from custom essay writing service online.
Once you start the essay to write, you will finally realize that the essay writes itself. What you need to do is just fill in your clear ideas whether you are narrating the topic closet your heart or maybe arguing the point of view. Let your thought flow easily and naturally in a flowing, logical fashion. You can find professional cheap essay writing service online aimed at helping students who don’t have any idea about compare contrast essay. Here are some useful tips to write your essays:
- Start With the Topic Start the process by analyzing the topic of the essay. Usually, you will need to contrast and compare a specific subject of two principles like the comparing and contrasting different characters in a certain study book. Read the book or at least go through by the subject matter. You can pick two different subjects, which are quite same in “category” and have some disparities in a significant way. You may choose two subjects, which don’t have such common things apparently but have some surprising similarities.
- Organize After identifying the topics, focus more to decide which are the potential similarities and dissimilarities. This is the best way to put across the ideas effectively on that particular topic and making a connection with the reader. So, organize your essay in a divide or alternative pattern. Alternate the details from a side of your comparison or oppose the other, each time by giving the specific details that support both the comparison and your subject.
- Discuss the Subject Matter in a Meaningful Way Present your thoughts in a meaningful way and keep the process on by giving the differences and similarities with the straight sentences. Show your point and in compare and contrast essay. The point is generally how you are differentiating two things by giving the uniqueness of it and why these are unique.
- Make a Draft To make the essay flawless, make an outline first. This will certainly serve as your organizing tool. Your draft will make the entire process more manageable. You can start it by sorting out the variables that you have identified. Be well informed always about the topic and add credibility to the work.
- Body After making the draft, be ready to use your outline as your guide for writing. Write separate paragraphs by devoting each of them to a single point of comparison. Don’t be worried about the continuity at this point. Add the topic sentences with every paragraph to summarize the idea of the paragraph. Concentrate on only one topic at a time. Create coherent argument between the paragraphs and use connective phrases or transitional sentences.
- Introduction And Conclusion In the introduction portion, give a clear idea about the essay to your reader and make the conclusion perspective. Make a perfect closure of entire writing with the message that you want to convey to your reader. Finally, make it readable and a clear piece of your thought.
- Proofreading And Editing None of the writers can ignore the proofreading and editing process. Your essay ends with proofreading and editing. You don’t consider that your essay finishes with writing it and you need to o through your entre paper to identify if it is written accurately and also with no spelling and grammar errors.
2. Compare And Contrast Essay In Academic Life
Compare and contrast essay has a major role to play in a student’s career or in another word these are one type of assignment that served as the introductory tutorial. With these types of essays, a student can understand the importance of comparative views and can reflect the comparative thinking in the classroom. Compare and contrast essay writing is actually an indispensable part of an academic career that a student cannot just overlook. These kinds of essays demand a certain type of writing skills from the part of a writer. The paper, compare and contrast are more applied in the academic context.
- For Deep Reading In student life, most of the students score low just because they lack the process of deep or thorough reading of the study material. They trust more on the suggestion based reading. But if the college assigns the compare and contrast essays for the students they need to read more because it is really tough to find what points are contrasting and what comparing in two different topics. With a depth of knowledge and deep reading, it is possible to enhance your knowledge.
- Grow The Deep Insight When are writing the compare and contrast essay, you will find some new insights of a topic that is generally very difficult to find out. To write the essays, you need to reflect your experiences with a perfect strategy of comparative thinking. A good essay is the reflection of a student’s unique thought.
- Researching Ability To write a compare and contrast essay, a student needs to research more and more beyond their study materials or lessons. In order to write these types of essays they will learn how to explore the principles, research and the classroom phases in an effective way. Custom essay writing service can help you to research for your paper and write a good paper based on the research as well.
- Model Lesson With the help of the contrast and compare essays, one should learn to create a model lesson with a perfect strategy of compare and contrast. If you would like to write the essays, you need to learn such learning model because finding the similarities and similarities from the different topic is really tough and only with the model study, one can reach their writing goal easily.
- Examining The Students Work Compare and contrast essay can help the teachers to examine the range of the student’s work, which demonstrates their comparative thinking.
- To Bring Out The Natural Thoughts Of The Students Another importance of these types of essays is it can bring out the natural thoughts of the students. Students may strengthen their ability to remember the key contents by focus more on analyzing two different ideas.
- Develops the Habits of Mind Of The Students Writing the compare and contrast essays for the students is more like a tool that grows up the habits of the mind and enhances the student’s ability of comprehension.
- Develop The Higher Thinking Compare and contrast essays are more important in the academic life because it helps the students to nurture their higher thinking as they need to find out the contrast and comparison from the same pair of topics and give them clarity to view their lessons in a new light. However, if you consider that it is beyond your capability, get help from the cheap essay writing service and they will do the job for you in a perfect way.
3. Compare And Contrast Essay Improves Writing Knowledge And Skills
Compare and contrast writing is more difficult and different types of writing than rest of the expository formats. But, finally, it requires more practice to gain knowledge and excellence in writing. Remember that efficiency in writing comes for a student by improving their writing skills and also by practising it. The compare and contrast strategy can strengthen the writing skills by providing one simple structure, which helps the students to organize different information and improve the ideas with excellent precision and clarity.
- Write Through Knowledge To write the compare and contrast essay in the academic level, you need to have the thorough knowledge of your primary source you deal with. With the process, you can develop a note-taking system and can sort out carefully the secondary sources. Note taking system is very significant because you can learn to pay attention to the keyword that you need to analyze, compare and contrast and define it. This is an amazing practice to bring out the writer in you. By writing these types of essays one should learn to utilize and illustrate the information as well.
- Clarifying The Ideas To enhance the writing skill, you need to learn the process that how to clarify your ideas and how to present it properly on the paper. A best custom essay writing service understands how to manage these sorts of papers with ease. Writing the compare and contrast essays may help a lot in this genre because to contrast and to compare two different topics or subject, the first thing you need to do is the clarification of ideas that come from the depth knowledge.
- Readable Writing A reader prefers the content that is quite readable and comes with an easy flow. Writing like this way is actually a certain fashion that you need to learn. The process of compare and contrast writing is more similar and you need to follow the same structure. So, to present an easy going, simple but informative writing, you need to learn more about the writing fashions and styles. By this way, you can enhance your knowledge about writing and in addition, the writing skill.
- Critical Analysis The basic skill that you need to write the compare and contrast essay is your ability of critical analysis of any topic. After an excellent research work and after having depth knowledge you can go for the analyzing process easily. To be a good writer, you need talent along with patience.
- Organization And Planning After having some notes and gathering some major information by a thorough research, you need to organize your entire collection for creating a flawless compare and contrast essay. It is important to know that what to include for comparison and what not. You may search the internet, explore libraries or can depend on the class notes but the final task is to write it in a proper manner by including only the important facts. Cheap essay writing service has expert essay writers who can deal with your paper and ease your stress. It is majorly important to enhance your writing skill and knowledge.
- Say Goodbye To The Boring Stuff With the process of writing the compare and contrast essays, another most important thing that you can learn is how to get rid of the boring and unnecessary stuff. For a flawless writing, you need to concentrate and include only the valuable points. This is the key to success of a writer too.
For students, writing is a common and very important task to deal with at some point in their school, college and university years. None of the students can take academic writing very lightly. There are some expert essay writers who can help you with your academic papers if you find it is testing for you. Best essay writing service can do the job for you quite easily and also lets you to keep away from writing tensions, struggles and stress.Free Draft Order Now Price Calculator
Compare and Contrast Essay Writing
A compare and contrast essay is a type of essay which is used to explore both the similarities and the differences between two subjects by comparing and contrasting them against each other.
A comparison seeks to present the similarities of two objects whereas a contrast aims at exposing the differences between two objects. Compare and contrast essays are popular in academic writing. The comparison and contrast may be a fraction of an essay or may constitute the entire essay. An essay may include only a comparison, contrast or both. A contrast and compare essay’s goal may be to assist the readers to make a decision on a particular topic of argument. Another aim of this type of essay may be to develop critical and analytical thinking capacities in the minds of the audience.
COMPARE AND CONTRAST ESSAY RUBRIC
Compare and Contrast Essay Outline
A compare and contrast essay outline consists of an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. The introduction and conclusion are often standard paragraphs written at the beginning and end of an essay respectively. An introduction is an overview of the rest of the essay and should contain a strong thesis statement that comprehensively states the essay’s purpose.
There are two primary manners to outline or structure the body of a compare and contrast essay:
- The first way is using a block structure also called a subject to subject or a whole to the whole structure. In this fashion, an essay writer compares and contrasts all the information of a single subject or item first. The comparison and contrast of the second subject are listed after that and follows the same order as the first. A transition paragraph or sentence often divides the two paragraphs above.
- The second system is a point by point structure. In a point by point system, each point is discussed in a single paragraph. Both subjects are discussed under the same point in each paragraph. It is advised to start and end with the same subject for each point to maintain consistency. The type of structure used depends on the essay writer and the advantages of each structure. A point by point structure is clearer and more explicit whereas the block structure is easier to write.
60 SUCCESSFUL COMPARE AND CONTRAST ESSAY TOPICS
How to Start Compare and Contrast Essay
Once a teacher gives students the two subject to be compared and contrasted, the students first go out and seek information about both topics. The first step is to identify the differences and similarities in the information. Then a way to sort out and organize the above information is sought and utilized. The best and most common way of starting such an essay is to draw a Venn diagram. A Venn diagram is a very helpful organizational tool. It consists of two circles that overlap creating a single overlapping area and two non-overlapping areas.
The diagram is then used to filter the information. The similar properties of the two subjects are written in the overlapping area while contrasting features are written in their respective non-overlapping areas. One can also use a table to classify the information presented in a clear and manageable way. Tables are relatively straightforward and easy to use.
How to Conclude Compare and Contrast Essay
The conclusion of a compare and contrast essay should be able to summarize the major points presented in the body of the essay. It should, however, go beyond a simple analysis. The conclusion should be an evaluation of the points given above. It should present the overall aim of the essay’s discussion. Often, a paraphrased version of the thesis statement contained in the introduction is provided in the conclusion.
The concluding paragraph, in essence, should show the significance of why the essay writer compared and contrasted the two subjects that were in question. Moreover, the conclusion should contain a vivid presentation of the opinion of the essay writer on the topic of discussion.
Compare and Contrast Essay Writing Tips
A good topic should interest readers and hold their attention. It should also aid the writer to demonstrate his writing skills through the essay. The subjects to be discussed should also be easily comparable to make distinctions as clear as possible. Information on the two subjects should be wide reaching and easily acquirable to ensure the writer has plenty of material for the essay. Choosing the essay structure that suits the writer is an important part of writing a good compare and contrast essay. A proper outline gives the essay clarity and helps the organization of the work. The structure of the essay’s body determines the shape of the entire work.
The essay structure could highlight the writer weaknesses or strengths and should be decided with the utmost of care. Use of appropriate transitioning signals is crucial. These are words, phrases, and expressions that show the reader the relationship between subjects. Such words should be undoubtedly clear whether they indicate contrast or showcase similarities. Transition signals should also be placed at the correct point in a sentence or paragraph. Feel free to use this sample essay as a model for your own compare and contrast essay.
Why Is It Better to Hire a Writing Service?
Ordering an essay from an essay writing service for a myriad of reasons:
- A writing service has professional writers.
- Our professional writers are skilled and may have specialized experience in writing a particular type of essays for example compare and contrast essays.
- Essaymasters writing service has a wider source of information from which to conduct research.
If you need help with compare and contrast essay writing place an order and our professionals will help!