Nursing paper topics are often determined by the instructor. For the most part, there is little leeway to express creativity. Fortunately, even if creativity is not an option, personal interest is. Nursing students can focus on the kind of work that inspires them.
Nursing Paper Topics
Nursing students are often working while studying, and at times find that they can only think of what they already do and how they do it. That is a normal problem to have when considering nursing paper topics, but happily we can help.
Whether you want to blow the doors wide open or explore a familiar topic from a new perspective, we can help. We can also help the rote and administrative type assignments that are common for nursing students.
Just like in any field, there are people who find the researching and writing of a professional field more interesting that the practice of that field. Fortunately, those people can become writers and they work with us at PowerPapers.com.
Research Papers Topics
Below is a list of research and other nursing paper topics that you can use for inspiration. We can write on these and any other topic that might interest you or be needed.
- Acquisition of clinical skills: Oncology
- Basic nursing procedures: Managing stress and fear
- Breaking the communicable disease chain: Nurses' roles
- Clinical nursing skills: Watch the video
- Communicable diseases: Known reservoirs of contagion
- Community health nurses in American Indian communities
- Community nursing in rural areas
- Community nursing in urban areas
- Continuing education for nurses: What’s working and what isn’t
- Critical care nursing in pediatrics
- Cultural accommodation and nursing in America
- Cultural competency in nursing
- Dental nurses: Underutilized
- Determining the best nurse-patient ratios for obstetric units
- Emergency room nursing in the US: From trauma to common colds
- For-profit medical care and the place of nurses
- Global health issues and nursing
- Healthy choices make up less than 25% of health determinants, social metrics more than 50%: Why do you talk about the first more than the latter?
- How would you describe a healthy community?
- How YouTube can help you support your own learning in nursing school
- Labor and delivery nurses
- Learning not to use “weight” as a substitute for health: One nurses journey
- Long term care nursing in rural environments
- Med surg nursing: Is it right for you?
- Medication errors and understaffing
- Mental health nursing: Career options for graduating nurses
- Modes of transmission: Communicable diseases
- Nurse sensitive errors and nurse-patient ratios
- Nurses and virtual learning environments: Understanding limits in nursing education
- Nursing education: Know your learning style so you can help yourself
- Nursing education: We’re all administrator assistants now
- Nursing infomatics and new protocols
- Nursing jobs for those with cultural brokering expertise
- Nursing with Dummies: Issues in education: Medical simulation for nurses
- Other words for compassion: cultural competence and nursing
- Pain management: What nurses need to know
- Patient acuity tools and proper scheduling
- Patient engagement and job satisfaction for nurses
- Perinatal nursing in communities with high maternal and infant mortality
- Philosophies of nursing leadership
- Postpartum education and the reduction of postpartum depression: The role of nurses
- Profit based health care delivery systems and nursing
- Range of motion exercises: ROM and rehabilitation nursing
- Recruiting and retaining nurses
- Relationship theory in nursing
- Social determinants of health and the roles of nurses
- Summary and analysis: Why nurses should be full partners with physicians
- The BMI lie: How profits and bias got the CDC to ignore its own findings
- The practice of emotional intelligence: Nursing
- Traveling nurses: Increasing demand and expanding opportunities
See more great research paper topics by discipline.
Tags: nursing education, Nursing Paper Topics, paper topics, research papers
Category: Research Paper Topics
Nurses are front line members of the health care delivery system. They independently assess, monitor, determine what patients need and preserve their health by taking a holistic approach. In case the initial care provided is not successful a nurse must come up with a different plan of action. Nurses also play the role of patient advocate, patient educator, empower patients, and much more.
In the course of nursing training and part of education curriculum an aspiring nurse must do several research papers. We have come up with unique topics to enable you clinch that A+ in your course work.
How to Write a Research Paper
The research Process
This involves the conceptualizing the a research study, implementing the study, planning and communicating the findings to your target audience. Logical flow which builds to the next step is makes the reader have a basis of understanding and critiquing the study.
Components of A Research Process
The research process takes a series of steps as listed below.
- Formulating the research problem or question.
- Define the purpose of the study.
- Review related literature resources.
- Define variables and formulate hypotheses.
- Select research design.
- Select population, sample and setting.
- Conduct pilot study.
- Collect data.
- Analyze data.
- Communicate findings and conclusion.
A list of Unique 100 Nursing Research Topics
- Effects of music therapy in pain relief on children during phlebotomy.
- Interventions in 11 to 16 year olds in supporting suboptimal diabetes control.
- Use of legitimate opioid in children may lead to opioid abuse in some adolescent?
- Breast feeding could reduce risk of childhood Leukemia.
- Nail clipping and hand washing in school going children does it reduce risk of intestinal parasites?
- Does being overweight in infancy predicts being overweight in childhood and adolescence?
- Effects of continence in children.
- What is the cause of child mortality under 14 years in the UK?
- New treatment approaches on Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Maturity onset diabetes of the young. Is it in the gene?
- Does the new drug which treat prostate symptoms associated with risk of falls?
- Abdominal massage may decrease gastric residual volumes in critically ill patients.
- Rehabilitation of brain injuries. Discuss mirror therapy.
- Are disposable pressure cuffs a safer option?
- Does screening of sepsis improve the outcome of seriously infected adult patients.
- Discuss harms versus benefits of antipsychotics in the prevention of delirium.
- Cardiovascular risk scores in relation to age and gender.
- The role of self care management in sickle cell adult patients.
- Relationship between cancer related fatigue and depression.
- Identification of novel genes in development of brain disorders.
- Discuss the sleep deprivation , inflammatory markers and sexual dysfunction in female veterans.
- Perceived barriers to breast cancer screening in third world countries.
- Lesbians health and HIV.
- Untreated celiac disease and risk of infertility.
- Discuss latest research on chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Acne prevention and treatment in women.
- Breastfeeding HIV and exposure.
- What factors alter breast milk content?
- Discuss the increased risk factors of osteoporosis in women.
- Are women likely to die of a heart attack than men?
- Water birth; Is it the idealized type of birth?
- Challenges of women of size and childbirth.
- The moon effect on labor, superstition or their are facts behind it?
- Utilization of family planning methods in Africa.
- Skin to skin contact by fathers and the impact on infant growth.
- Discuss the quality of life of a newborn and low gestational weight of the mother.
- Principles of physiological breech practice.
- How can maternity care be improved for women with opioid use disorder.
- Risk factors persistent anxiety and transient during pregnancy.
- What are the best school based interventions to prevent pregnancy, HIV and STI in adolescent.
- Strategies for better emotional health for nurses.
- Current factors to consider to provide quality nursing care.
- Healthy nurses; They take care of others who takes care of them. Discuss how to take better care of self.
- Challenges and solutions for not contracting infectious diseases.
- Telehealth; Will it usurp the role of the traditional nurse?
- Does inadequate nurse staffing increase risk for patients?
- Discuss possibilities of a nurse extensivist.
- The role of the nurse in improving the clinical setting.
- Discuss impact of cultural issues in nursing.
- Bioscience; Is it a forgotten priority in nursing education?
- Discuss the changing role of a pain management nurse.
- Innovative research methods on prevention and management of chronic illness.
- Effective palliative /end life care interventions.
- Managing pain in children how far have we come?
- Discuss one alternative treatment for long term pain.
- Breakthroughs and advances in understanding factors that predict non pharmacological interventions for pain relief.
- Discuss new theoretical and innovative methods of pain assessment.
- Discuss emerging ethical issues in pain management.
- Case study of rise in opioid poisoning in pediatric hospitalisation.
- Effects of cold therapy on pain, a non pharmacological method.
Care of the Older Person
- A qualitative study on why nursing home staff should involve relatives on decision of advanced treatment.
- How has Community Based Social Innovations (CBSIs) improved healthy aging?
- How can a caregiver identify an abused elderly patient?
- Does mealtime assistance increase energy and protein intake of hospitalised elderly patients?
- Discuss the minimum level of geriatric training for nurses, and what can be done to improve the training.
- Discuss the trend in global health and aging.
- Are clinical trials in older patients ethical?
- There is no place like home for growing old. Agree or disagree?
- Examine change in health care provision for the elderly in your country.
- Critical issues facing aging seniors.
Discuss the type of nursing careers.
- Ambulatory care nurse
- Nurse Anaesthesia
- Case management nurse
- Critical care nurse
- Forensic nurse
- Gastroenterology nurse
- Holistic nurse
- Informatics nurse
- Legal nurse
- Perioperative nurse
Primary Health Care
- A case study of patient and family engagement in primary care.
- How has PBRN (Primary Based Research Networks) changed primary care and dissemination?
- Ultimate goal is better healthcare for all. Discuss WHO key elements to achieve primary health.
- What are the behavioural interventions to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing?
- How well have nurses been prepared for primary health care in your country?
- What is the effect of e cigarette? Does it increase quit attempts?
- Does behavioral counselling improve physiological outcome in those with cardiovascular risk factors.
- Pharmacovigilance in public health .
- Discuss theoretical and conceptual innovation in health promotion today.
- Accessibility to health care for the LGBTQ community.
- Behavior analysis in pediatric primary care.
- Understanding and eliminating health disparities.
- Psychology of sexual orientation and diversity.
- Psychology of violence; factors and mechanism in enactment of violence.
- Holistic mental health care discuss alternative treatment and its effectiveness.
- Technology and the future treatment of mental health.
- Brain stimulation therapies.
- Discuss specific mental conditions in women.
- Psychotherapy as a treatment option. When is it necessary?
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder in children.
Still don’t have a clue on how to write your nursing research paper for college? Check out our college essay papers for sale for more help.